This week is British Science Week.
The main theme of British Science Week is 'Growth'.
- Can you plant some seeds or look after some plants you already have in the house or garden.
- Can you create a poster about growth.
We are also learning about uses of every day materials and their properties.
- Can you carry out an investigation to the the absorbency of different papers (kitchen paper, toilet paper, face tissues etc) Which is the strongest when wet? Which absorbs the most water. Think carefully about how you will investigate this and how you can record what you have discovered. You could use photos, diagrams or write about it.
- Can you find out about Charles Macintosh? Who was he and what did he discover?
- Have a go at waterproofing your own fabric using wax crayon. What happens when you drip water onto the fabric before/ after you colour it with wax crayon?
- Can you make your own recycled wax crayons by melting down old ones to create new ones.
Don't forget to send your work to your teachers so we can see your amazing learning.